- Duration: 2 to 6 months
- Start of Internship: All year round
- Location: Louvain-la-Neuve, Brussels
About Kotplanet: Kotplanet.be, is a leading digital media dedicated to students and their life in Belgium.
Kotplanet establishes itself in the media sphere as a pure-player digital media (100% online), delivering both information and entertainment exclusively for students aged 18 to 27 and their daily lives in Belgium.
Our digital media platform intertwines with social media communities (FB, IG, TikTok… @kotplanet) and various informational communication tools used by this audience. An audience that belongs to Generation Z, preparing to experience 3 to 5 unforgettable years as students.
Our tone of voice is quite unique. By doing so, we’ve managed to craft engaging universes. We’re present wherever students are seeking entertainment while simultaneously informing and supporting them in their daily lives.
Our core values are closeness, originality, authenticity, and relevance.
On a day-to-day, 100K students on social media, strong presence and engagement, 200K page views every month, and dozens of student co-creators of unique content.
On the commercial front, we daily offer brand content campaigns, next-gen employer branding, and innovative products for the increasingly connected student demographic.
We’re a team of four, armed with ambitious plans for the year. In late 2021, we joined the Rossel Group to boost our growth.
If the world of digital, media, creativity, and innovation intrigues or excites you, take a peek below and join us!
To be part of our journey, an open mind, a deep commitment to dive into this adventure, and a dash of humor are essential.
- Deep-dive articles (short and long) for various sections: advice, lifestyle, relaxation, campus, news, quizzes…
- Creation of thematic folders by grouping existing articles, interviews, and designing new topics
- Humorous articles, “TOP X” styles…
- Quizzes, surveys, experience sharing, etc.
- Interview/reportage: On-site or virtual meetings (basic editing included)
- Digital adaptations: audiovisual, podcast, videos, stories, reels, TikTok, and more!
- SEO optimization or full SEO drafting for key topics.
- Image and video research for articles
- Creation of article cover images for various social networks
- Scheduling articles on WordPress, Buffer, Facebook Content Creator in coordination with the editorial content manager.
- You’re in your final BAC year or pursuing a MASTER’s in multimedia writing, communication, public relations.
- A keen interest in writing and new media
- Motivated to contribute to a rapidly growing 100% web media focused on students and eager to make it a nationwide success
- Can work autonomously, in person, remotely, and in a team (the whole package).
- Receptive to feedback on your writing style and can adapt to varying tones (from serious to comic)
- Eager to learn about the digital media landscape
- Love challenges and eager to share your voice with our entire community!
What We Offer:
- A significant role from day one on concrete projects and missions (promise, you won’t be making coffee, nor tea)
- A super competent and fun team that trusts you from the start
- A chance to differentiate your CV by being part of a growing project (and who knows, maybe secure your first job)
- Flexible working with the possibility of remote work 2 days a week (don’t worry, we’re super connected)
- Cool working places in a coworking space in Louvain-Le-Neuve and at the Rossel Group office on Rue Royale in Brussels
- Training by the team on current web tools: WordPress, Canva, Buffer, Trello, Slack, Airtable, Drive, Business Suite, Google Analytics…
- And yes, coffee, breakfasts, team lunches, and even some bubbly and surprises during the internship 😉
How to Apply: Email email@example.com:
- Your CV with internship dates
- A non-conventional cover letter in the form of a short article introducing yourself and a list of 5 reasons to intern with us
- We’ll then discuss further either virtually or in person.
- If you have another article or a portfolio link to share, feel free.
- Also, consider following and getting to know our team here: https://www.instagram.com/lifeatkotplanet/